Prof. Dr. Yossi David
Visiting scholar, Department of Communication, Johannes Gutenberg University Mainz.
Ph.D., Department of Communication & Journalism, Hebrew University.
Dissertation Title: "Gendering Political Conflict: Gender Perceptions and Public Opinion in the Israel-Palestinian Conflict."
Supervisor: Professor Ifat Maoz
M.A. (magna cum laude), Department of Communication & Journalism, and the Lafer Center for Gender & Women's Studies, Hebrew University.
Thesis Title: "Communication, Involvement and Climate of Opinion in the 2011 Israeli social protest movement."
Supervisor: Professor Jacob Shamir
B.A., Department of Communication & Journalism, and Department of Sociology and Anthropology, Hebrew University.
- Public opinion
- Media psychology
- Social movements
- Quantitative methods
Membership in professional associations
- International Communication Association (ICA)
- World Association for Public Opinion Research (WAPOR)
- Israeli Communication Association (ISCA)
- Israeli Sociological Association (ISS)
- International Association for Media and Communication Research (IAMCR)
- The International Society of Political Psychology (ISPP)
- The American Association of Geographers (AAG)
Top Faculty Paper Award, International Communication Association, Ethnicity & Race in Communication Division
CAAJ - Child Arrest and Access to Justice in East Jerusalem Award, ISF grant, the Institute of Criminology, Faculty of Law, Hebrew University.
Award for PhD candidates, Department of Communication & Journalism, Hebrew University.
Research grant for PhD candidates, the Smart Institute of Communications, Hebrew University of Jerusalem.
The Harry and Sylvia Hoffmann leadership fellowship for outstanding PhD candidates, Hebrew University.
JIPP - Joint Israeli Palestinian Polls project Award, the Harry S. Truman Research Institute for the Advancement of Peace, Hebrew University.
Levi Eshkol Institute for Social, Economic and Political Research in Israel Award, for research on the 2011 Israeli social protest, Hebrew University.
Shaine Center for research in Social Sciences Award, for outstanding master's Thesis, Hebrew University.
MA Award, for writing a master thesis, the Department of Communication & Journalism, Hebrew University.
MA Award, for master students, Lafer Center for Gender and Women's Studies, Hebrew University.
Teaching at the JGU in Summer 2019
- Media and public opinion in times of the novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) crisis: Israel in a comparative perspective (Yossi David)
- New media, new challenges: Digital media and the ultra-Orthodox community in Israel (Yossi David)
Semester: WiSe 2020/21